|Another trush question
Sep 24, 1999
Thank you for your time. Please answer these questions. Would the drug Diflucan cure bothe kinds of mouth thrush? Can you get it on the inside of your cheeks?
Response from Dr. Reznik
Both topical medications such as Mycelex troches and systemic medications such as Diflucan would be able to manage both pseudomembranous and erythematous candidiasis. Treatment should be determined by the extent of the disease. For mild to moderate presentations, which can include the sides of the cheek, I always recommend using topical therapies. I save Diflucan for moderate to severe cases since we have seen and reported an increased incidence in resistance to fluconazole.
Chemo Patient Needs Help Too
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Scared I Have AIDS
- AIDS Infection Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.