Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Thrush

If a person had a mild to moderate case of thrush, wouldn't you expect the infection to get progressively worse without treatment? And would the infection present itself off and on instead of on a daily basis?

Thanks for your response.

Response from Dr. Reznik

The answer to this question depends on a number of variables, but generally speaking, if the underlying condition which has played a part in a person developing thrush has not changed, then I would not expect the thrush to clear without antifungal treatment, nor would I suspect that it would progressively get worse. The presentation may differ during the course of this infection, but again I would not suspect it to "turn off and on".

Take care!

DR

PLEASE Help Me...HORRIBLE THRUSH
Thrush, Oral Hairy Leukoplakia, & the tongue