Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

How to treat thrush?

How can I clear up a case of thrush? I take a large amount of medication, and it must have upset the balance of my mouth.

Response from Dr. Reznik

Treatment for candidiasis depends on the extent of disease. For mild to moderate infections I recommend use of topical therapies such as Mycelex troches (clotrimazole). For moderate to severe presentations of candidiasis, I recommend Diflucan (fluconazole). In either case, treatment should be for two weeks. Just because the symptoms may appear to be gone after a few days of therapy does not mean the cause of the infection is under control.

Take care,

DR

Thrush and antibiotics
PLEASE Help Me...HORRIBLE THRUSH