|major oral surgery
Jun 21, 2001
i will find out in a week if i'm hiv+. i bet i am. should i continue to have orthognathic surgery (both jaws) if i test +?
Response from Dr. Reznik
The recently published NIH sponsored Evidence Based Review of the Dental Management of the HIV Positive Patient, supports the clinical finding we have known for years: post surgical complications from oral surgical procedures do not differ based on HIV status alone.
Go for it!
necrotizing ulcerative periodontitis
- Could Low Wbc Mean You Could Have Hiv
- How Long Can Thrush Go Untreated Before It Gets Serious?
- Can A Person Have Hiv For 10 Years And Not Know It?
- If I Tested Negative But My Partner Is Positive Am I Hiv Positive Also?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Hepatitis C From A Needlestick?
- Can Hiv Be Passed Through Genetics?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.