|major oral surgery
Jun 21, 2001
i will find out in a week if i'm hiv+. i bet i am. should i continue to have orthognathic surgery (both jaws) if i test +?
Response from Dr. Reznik
The recently published NIH sponsored Evidence Based Review of the Dental Management of the HIV Positive Patient, supports the clinical finding we have known for years: post surgical complications from oral surgical procedures do not differ based on HIV status alone.
Go for it!
necrotizing ulcerative periodontitis
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
- How Do You Test For Trichomoniasis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.