Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Bleeding from gums when brushing

Doc ..I keep wondering why whenever I brush my gums bleed at least a certain section.. a few times I have woken with a little bleeding.what is your advice.

Response from Dr. Reznik

My advice is simple: Get to the dentist!!!!!!

I know this is easier said than done as many people are afraid of the dentist. A recent survey which appeared in USA Today (yes I do read the latest journals!)asked which day do you least look forward to. I believe the results were as follows:

15% said tax day

18% said Mondays in general

33% said going to the dentist

You are probably overdue for a dental cleaning and examination and are experiencing gingivitis or periodontitis.

Take care,

DR

Diagnosed with Thrush......
tongue bumps