Apr 24, 2000
Dr. I notice that HIV information centers usually say that using a condom is not risk free. Is that just because they have to figure in condom failures such as breakage or improper usage? Or is it because the HIV virus can actually penetrate a latex condom?....also what are the chances of coming in contact with the virus by receiving oral sex , while having a condom on?....Thanks
Response from Dr. Reznik
The use of condoms is not completely risk free due to the two factors you mentioned in this question:
1. improper usage
Condoms are an effective barrier if used properly.
oral hairy leukoplakia or oral ulcer??
- Burning Urethra After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.