Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Feeling Sensitivity Under a Crown

I have had this crown for one year and I am now feeling sensitivity in this area I am worried about an abscess but I can't tell for sure what's wrong I have been known to grind my teeth at night and am now feeling pain in my jaw as well could this all be linked?Every time i put pressure on this tooth it feels like its moved and its sensitive

Response from Dr. Reznik

You definitely need to visit the dentist who placed this crown, or if that is not possible visit another dentist, so an exam and diagnostic x-rays can be performed to find out what the problem is. There are several possible reasons why you may be having this discomfort ranging from a tooth abscess, a periodontal (gum) problem or as you have mentioned a problem with grinding on this relatively new crown.

I wish I could be of more assistance, but this problem does need the attention of a local dentist.

Feel better soon!

DR

Question....
oral sex and hiv?