Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Feeling Sensitivity Under a Crown
Apr 24, 2000

I have had this crown for one year and I am now feeling sensitivity in this area I am worried about an abscess but I can't tell for sure what's wrong I have been known to grind my teeth at night and am now feeling pain in my jaw as well could this all be linked?Every time i put pressure on this tooth it feels like its moved and its sensitive

Response from Dr. Reznik

You definitely need to visit the dentist who placed this crown, or if that is not possible visit another dentist, so an exam and diagnostic x-rays can be performed to find out what the problem is. There are several possible reasons why you may be having this discomfort ranging from a tooth abscess, a periodontal (gum) problem or as you have mentioned a problem with grinding on this relatively new crown.

I wish I could be of more assistance, but this problem does need the attention of a local dentist.

Feel better soon!

DR

Previous
Question....
Next
oral sex and hiv?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.