Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

geographic tongue

I have had geographic tongue for over two years. My doctors say that it will just go away on its own, but I'm getting sick of it. Do you have any suggestions to get rid of it. I am very self-conscious of it and believe people are looking at it all of the time. Anything suggestions would be great.

ty

Response from Dr. Reznik

As mentioned in a previous response, for severe cases of geographic tongue topical steroids, such as Decadron elixir, can be beneficial. The way you use this medication is to rinse for one minute, then expectorate (spit) 3 to 4 times per day. Do not swallow this medicine and do not eat or drink for 20 minutes after using it.

DR

Root Canal Caused Herpes??
Erythematous Candidiasis - Maybe?