Apr 24, 2000
I have had geographic tongue for over two years. My doctors say that it will just go away on its own, but I'm getting sick of it. Do you have any suggestions to get rid of it. I am very self-conscious of it and believe people are looking at it all of the time. Anything suggestions would be great.
Response from Dr. Reznik
As mentioned in a previous response, for severe cases of geographic tongue topical steroids, such as Decadron elixir, can be beneficial. The way you use this medication is to rinse for one minute, then expectorate (spit) 3 to 4 times per day. Do not swallow this medicine and do not eat or drink for 20 minutes after using it.
Root Canal Caused Herpes??
Erythematous Candidiasis - Maybe?
- Seroconverting After Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Bloody Nose After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.