|post care for wisdom teeth
May 2, 2000
I had all 4 of my impacted wisdom teeth removed 4 days ago. I began eating soft food today, such as macaroni and baked potato. I am concerned that food is stuck in the socket where my teeth were removed. Is this a danger and should I do any thing about it
Thank you so much
Response from Dr. Reznik
It is important for you to try and keep the sockets as clean as possible. Rinsing gently with an antimicrobial mouthwash such as PerioGard (chlorhexidine gluconate) or Betadine mouth rinse for the first 10 days to two weeks will prove beneficial. If after a few weeks you still have the feeling that food is being trapped, a diluted hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse such as Peroxyl will help "bubble out" some of the debris and food that may become trapped.
Erythematous candidiasis as primary infection symptom?
Is this possible?
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.