Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

post care for wisdom teeth

I had all 4 of my impacted wisdom teeth removed 4 days ago. I began eating soft food today, such as macaroni and baked potato. I am concerned that food is stuck in the socket where my teeth were removed. Is this a danger and should I do any thing about it

Thank you so much

Jennifer

Response from Dr. Reznik

Dear Jennifer:

It is important for you to try and keep the sockets as clean as possible. Rinsing gently with an antimicrobial mouthwash such as PerioGard (chlorhexidine gluconate) or Betadine mouth rinse for the first 10 days to two weeks will prove beneficial. If after a few weeks you still have the feeling that food is being trapped, a diluted hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse such as Peroxyl will help "bubble out" some of the debris and food that may become trapped.

Take care,

DR

Erythematous candidiasis as primary infection symptom?
Is this possible?