May 10, 2000
Please help even if this sounds silly, I really worry about crazy things!
If normal saliva is a possible rout of HIV infection Could you contract it e.g. from the cook, (kitchen staff) when going out to eat, if a small amount of saliva got into the food??
Is HIV-1 group N more likely to spread trough saliva?
Response from Dr. Reznik
HIV is not transmitted via saliva. As you have probably heard and read several times, HIV is not spread via casual contact such as sharing utensils, drinking from the same cup, kissing, etc.
On going root canal pain?
- Achy Balls After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
- Can Bactrim Ds Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.