|Acute Necrotising Ulcerative Gingivitis
May 17, 2000
Is there anything that I can do to prevent this from coming back again and again? After a course of Metronidazole, a week or two later I develop it again!
Response from Dr. Reznik
ANUG is related to many factors including stress, improper nutrition, lack of sleep, etc., which is one reason why ANUG is seen so often in students. One way to avoid repeated bouts of ANUG would be to address the underlying cause.
Systemic antibiotic therapy alone is not sufficient treatment for ANUG; you would need a thorough professional dental cleaning as well. For my patients who present with this condition, I also prescribe PerioGard mouth rinse (.12% chlorhexidine gluconate) to be used twice daily for two weeks.
Feel better soon!
Mouth Sores and Kissing
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Needle Stick Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Touching Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.