Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

bumps

I am concerned that I have oral warts but none of the pictures really looked like me. A few months ago I noticed these these tiny little bump like things towards the back of my throat. Now there are more closer to the tip of my tongue. They are very small but just numerous. I also noticed I noticed I have some bumps on the back of my throat and do not know if they are suppose to be there or not. If these are warts are they transferred through kissing?

Thank you

Response from Dr. Reznik

HPV or the virus that causes oral warts is the most common sexually transmitted disease with over 5 million cases diagnosed within the United States per year. Is this something you should concerned about contracting via kissing? The answer would be no. The best precaution you can take if you are sexually active would be to practice safer sex.

Hope this helps!

DR

Finding Information
What is this stuff, Doc?