Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

PUS ON GUMS

Dear Dr. Reznik, I tested HIV after three month of last exposure which result came out negative. However, I found out pin size little bumps on my gum and it doesn't go away but often leaves pus that can easily be wiped. I don't feel any pain on the area and there are no other symptoms. I am wondering if this is HIV related or not. Regards,

Response from Dr. Reznik

What you have described sounds very much like a draining sinus. These are usually the result of a tooth that has died and is in need of a root canal. Instead of this tooth causing incredible pain, it has found a way to allow for the pus to drain out through the little pin sized little bumps. This is by no means related to HIV disease, but is a relatively common condition seen in the general population

Take care,

DR

oral herpes?
does HIV always cause oral problems in infected patients?