Jun 20, 2000
http://www.hivdent.org/slides/atrophic_soft_palate.htm Is the whitish part on the top center of this slide thrush (ie: pseudomembranous candidiasis?)?
Response from Dr. Reznik
Yes, the whitish plaques at the top, center of this slide would be pseudomembranous candidiasis. The large red, flat area in the middle of the slide is a good representation of the erythematous form of candidiasis.
My wife is in pain! Please help me help her.
- Does HIV Cause Vomiting?
- Itchy Red Spots Could I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Black Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Chills After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.