Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

scared to death!!!

could hiv cause dry mouth, 18 days after a risky exposure? I also have tmj, could that have caused a nerve that triggers my salivary glands to be pinched? my mouth is not completely dry, but I do notice a decrease in the amount of saliva. It literally happened on the stroke of a minute on the 18th day. It was weird. But it has tormented me for over a year now.

Response from Dr. Reznik

One of the most common causes of dry mouth is stress. If you are worried that you have been exposed to HIV and have not had the diagnostic test, the stress could be continually get worse, thus causing the dry mouth to become worse.

I know it is sometimes easier said than done, but my recommendation would be to have a complete physical including an HIV test.

Take care,

Is it thrush or not????
My wife is in pain! Please help me help her.