|HIV and Rashes
Jul 25, 2000
Is it possible to get HIV if the sweat or saliva from someone who has HIV comes in contact with a rash or cut on my neck.
Thank you very much.
Response from Dr. Reznik
HIV is not transmitted via casual contact such as the conditions mentioned in this question. HIV is not transmitted via sweat. Saliva has properties which help to inactivate HIV, which explains why you cannot transmit HIV from sharing utensils or drinking cups.
oral surgery in HIV
Can kissing give AIDS to somebody?
- White Tongue After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Are Red Bumps A Sign Of An Std?
- Can Condoms Cause Allergies?
- How Effective Are Swabs When Testing For An Std?
- Can Staph Be Mistaken For Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.