Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

MOUTH !!!

DOCTOR: i have recently noticed two very small dots on the side of my mouth (cheek). they were red and appeared to be similar to when your skin is pinched. I had one on the left side of my mouth that disappeared after a couple of hours and the one on the right-side of my face also disappeared after a couple of hours. I have really been stressed-out lately from work. I did have a potential exposure and tested negative after 10 weeks. Could you tell me what this sore could be? should i be concerned? please answer!

thanks!

Response from Dr. Reznik

More likely than not, you have "pinched" the buccal mucosa (cheek) which would cause a transient minor hematoma (blood blister). These normally resolve on their own and do not need any treatment.

Take care,

DR

Out of resources. .. not sure what to do
necrotizing ulcerative periodontitis