Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Could child be exposed?

Can a child be exposed to hiv after drinking from a straw of a complete stranger, not knowing if blood was on the straw? I know it is not passed through saliva, but what are the chances blood could of been on the straw from bleeding gums or a cracked lip? Also what if my child had a cut on his lip or mouth and I was not aware of it. I am so worried about this incident.Please help.

Response from Dr. Reznik

HIV is not transmitted via casual contact, therefore you have nothing to worry about. Sharing drinking glasses, eating utensils or sharing a straw are not potential risk factors for HIV infection.

DR

PLEASE ANSWER!!!
A Year Of Ulcers