Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Get Tested

Dr Reznik your column is very useful. I have been reading it for a year now afraid that I had HIV because of these lesions on my tongue. The most useful info I got from you was to get an HIV test and fortunately mine was negative. I am a physician and I knew that was something I had to do logically but emotionally it was hard.You gave me the courage to do it and I want to thank you for that. This experience has made me more sensitive to how my patients feel when I order an HIV test for them.

Response from Dr. Reznik

Thank you for the kind comments. My only hope is that others find this information useful and if in doubt, take the time to get tested.

Take care,

DR

OHL or not...
White Tongue