Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

OHL or not...

I have a spot on the side of my tongue that I think may be OHL but it seems to be more visible at some times more than others, is this possible with OHL? I know you said that OHL usuaaly occurs when the t-cell count is around 200. I had a HIV seroligy at about the same time I first noticed this spot and it was negative, almost 3 months ago, the spot is still there. It fels like a dry patch and like I bit my tongue. I hope you can answer this for me, Thanks for all the work tou folks at the body are doing.

Response from Dr. Reznik

There are several reasons why you could be presenting with a white patch on the side of your tongue including but not limited to hyperkeratosis, which is a response to a constant irritant. As much as I would like to be of assistance, the best advice I can offer is for you to visit a dentist who is experienced in oral medicine or an oral pathologist. If you do not have access the aforementioned dental professionals, then please visit an oral surgeon for an accurate diagnosis.

DR

OHL
Get Tested