Apr 26, 2001
What is OHL????????????????
Response from Dr. Reznik
OHL or oral hairy leukoplakia is a white, corrugated, lesion, which normally appears on the lateral borders of the tongue in immunocompromised individuals. OHL is related to the Epstein-Barr virus and is differentiated from other white lesions such as pseudomembranous candidiasis (thrush) in that it does not wipe away. OHL is painless and is seen much less frequently in people living with HIV/AIDS who are on stable HAART.
I hope this helps!
I can't brush my teeth
OHL or not...
- Sore On Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Condom Popped Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Balanitis Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.