Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

OHL on one side only?

Don't belong to any risk groups, but have a small leson on the right side of my tongue. No other symptoms. IS OHL generally bilateral?

Response from Dr. Reznik

OHL or oral hairy leukoplakia can present as either unilateral or bilateral when it presents. This does not mean that I am implying that you have OHL, but rather offering general information. There are several reasons why a person can present with a non-removable white lesion on the side of the tongue including something as benign as repeated trauma to the area. The best advice I can offer is for you to visit a dentist experienced in oral medicine or oral pathology for an accurate diagnosis of the condition you are presenting with.

Take care,

DR

thrush without explanation
oral thrush?