Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Thank you for correct information!

I just want to thank you for the great Q&A forum! Some of the garbage out on the web scares the sh** out you. For days my tongue had developed what I had thought was oral thrush. Reading other sites falsely confirmed my fears. All I could think was Thrush = HIV. The coating on my tongue would get thicker and thicker as I would check it in the mirror every 15 minutes. I even started to imagine a burning sensation. Then I came upon your site and within 30 minutes of discovering what really I had was coated tongue caused by dry mouth and most probably the stress of thinking it was Thrush = hiv. My tongue was back to its normal self. Thanks again!

Response from Dr. Reznik

Thank you for your kind comments regarding this Forum!

Normally, I would not post a comment such as this, but due to the overwhelming number of question pertaining to coated/hairy tongue I have received in the last several months, I think your question is better than any answer I can come up with.

Take care, be safe and Thanks again!

DR

question about hairy tounge and OHL from Jan 18
Geographic tongue and herpes