|leukoplakia symptomatic of seroconversion?
Dec 19, 2000
I may or may not have had exposure to HIV 7 weeks ago. i am now seeing what looks like the beginnings of hairy leukoplakia on my tongue. could leukoplakia show up this soon after being possibly infected?
thanks in advance
Response from Dr. Reznik
I would not expect oral hairy leukoplakia to be a sign of seroconversion.
There are several reasons why you may have a white looking area on the side of your tongue including the most common explanation which would be irritation or abrasion. I do advise that you visit a dentist experienced in oral medicine or an oral pathologist.
Wait with dental care?
- When Having Hpv Should You Use A Condom?
- What's The Difference Between Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What Causes An Hpv Outbreak?
- What Is The Difference Between Razor Burn And Herpes On The Vagina?
- What Antibiotics Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.