|How long to wait to get tested?
Dec 19, 2000
If you are concerned about a un-safe sexual encounter, what is considered to be an acceptable time period to get tested and feel "reasonably" sure you are not infected with HIV. I wouldn't think that being tested the day after the event would be as conclusive as waiting a few months or whatnot?
In other words what is a typical time frame that the infection shows up in tests, after infection?
Response from Dr. Reznik
The CDC recommendations are to be tested immediately after the event to establish a baseline, and then at 3 and 6 months.
Please Please Please help
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Eating Sperm?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Foreplay?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Having Sex During Period?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Masturbation?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sensual Massage?
- Neuropathy And Face Nerves
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.