Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

worried about my tongue

About three weeks ago i starting to feel a burning sensation on my tongue and see a few while lines on the tip of it. I have searched the net and the closes i have found to look like what i seen to see in my tongue, is geographic tongue, however geographic tongue is toward the center of the tongue , but the white lines of the geographic tongue is what the tip of mine looks like. I went to my doctor and could only see just a little of the white lines i'm explaining, because this lines only shows up in the morning or before i go to sleep, throughout the days they since to go way, however i steel feel a burning and hurting sensation.

what do you think this is? can it be possible that something like this can be caught if performing oral sex to someone with herpes?

Please help.. thanks.

Response from Dr. Reznik

It is virtually impossible to diagnose a condition via this Forum. Geographic tongue, which is in no way connected to HIV infection, is not limited to the center of the tongue, but is known to migrate around the tongue and appear in different areas. The only way to be certain of what is occurring in your mouth is to visit a dentist experienced in oral medicine, oral pathology or an oral surgeon who can biopsy the area in question. You may be experiencing anything from geographic tongue to an irritation caused by tongue thrusting.

Take care,

DR

Please help...
Dentist