Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Are these warts? or something else?

Dr. Reznik,

I have HPV and lately I have been getting these sores in my mouth. However, they are not like the ones in the pictures you have on your this website. If I press on these I can pop them. They are not really fleshy but more like a bubble. I bust them and the reappear within 1-2 days. They are small like a nail head and they cause me a little pain when I eat or drink. Please help I'm losing sleep.

Thanks,

nervous

Response from Dr. Reznik

Dear Nervous:

Oral warts due to HPV do not appear as a fluid-filled vesicle, but rather as a raised, solid area which looks like warts. It is virtually impossible for me to determine what you are experiencing as it may be one of a number of things depending on where in your mouth these vesicles are appearing. My advice would be to visit your dentist for an accurate diagnosis.

Take care and get to a dentist soon!

DR

Canker Sores
acute halitosis