Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Receive Oral Sex w/ condom but have herpes ulcer

I thought this question could be relevant for this panel so here goes. About 1 month ago, I receive oral sex from a female sex worker where she put the condom on w/ her mouth. At this time, I had a genital herpes ulcer on the foreskin on my penis. What are my risks for infection? The past week, I've had swollen neck glands which my doctor says are not due to Acute HIV Infection but probably sinus problems, so I'm on antibiotics. I am, to say the least, very troubled and scared and would greatly appreciate your input.

Response from Dr. Reznik

As long as the condom was intact, you should not be concerned with HIV transmission. However, condoms are not completely effective in preventing the transmission of the herpes virus and you may have put the sex worker at risk.

Oral Sex and Blood on hand. Going Crazy!
What Constitutes Casual Oral Contact?