Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Oral Sex and Blood on hand. Going Crazy!

Two weeks ago, and under the influence of a lot of alcohol, I let a girl I met that night perform oral sex on me. (As far as I recall no cuts or sores on my penis). Meanwhile, I used my fingers to stimulate the inside of her vagina. When we were done, I almost fainted when I saw blood on my hand. Eversince, I've been going crazy especially after getting a cough, fever, and flu like symptoms 10 days after this happened (eventhough I kind of believe that it really was the flu but I'm not sure). These symptoms have started going away and so far I didn't get any sores/ulcers/ or warts on my genital area. HIV is what's driving me crazy and I don't think I can go through the agony another three months to get tested. Please Please advise and thanks in advance.

Response from Dr. Reznik

What you have described does not sound like a common mode of transmitting HIV. First, the person performing insertive oral intercourse is at much less risk than the person performing receptive oral intercourse. As you may realize from the spirited debate in this and other Forums, oral transmission can occur, but the risk is minute compared to other modes of transmission such as unprotected anal intercourse.

As long as the skin on your fingers was intact, I would not be all that concerned about this as a mode of transmission either.

My advice, please take the time to receive a baseline HIV test. It is better to know your status, which may very well be negative, than to not know your status.

I hope this information proves helpful.

DR

tongue
Receive Oral Sex w/ condom but have herpes ulcer