Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Anilingus (Rimming)

I had an oro-anal intercourse. During the contact I didn't feel blood or any other liquid on my tongue but I had an aphtous ulceration in my mouth. After the contact I touched with the tongue the infected part in my mouth and I'm scared that on my tongue was some blood that maybe get in contact with the aphtous ulceration and I didn't taste during oro-anal intercourse. Approx 15 minutes after intercourse I discovered a red coloured substance in my saliva and I'm now scared it was blood. Please tell me how much is the risk for an HIV trasmission. Thank you for everything!

Response from Dr. Reznik

My concerns would not center around HIV transmission, although a baseline test would not be unheard of, but rather with transmission of other sexually transmitted diseases or Hepatitis A. Over the past few years there has been a resurgence of Hepatitis A, which can be prevented through vaccination.

I hope this helps!

DR

hairy leukoplakia
Stessed about sores!!