Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A Case Of Worried Well
Jan 21, 2002

Oh, man... for years, I have been so worried because I had experienced the smallest, most insignificant exposure possible (Literally!), and I tortured myself for my... 'non'-vigilance? In any case, a year ago, I even started 'growing' white stone-like critters on the back on my throat, near my tonsils... naturally, I freaked out... I would squeeze them out, but there would just be more under it! But it has recently been brought to my attention that the problem is nothing more than tonsilloliths, which as I understand is a relatively benign deposit of bacteria... so, just a warning to the worried well: Perhaps this should serve to reiterate the fact that there could be a logical explanation for any problems that you may see in your mouth!

Response from Dr. Reznik

I could not have worded this better!

DR

Previous
Should I Be Tested?
Next
ORAL WARTS

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.