Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

HIV

Hi. I had oral sex (no condom, I was the active part), 10 days later my tongue got white all over, and there were warts on the back of it. I`d also got 2 "bumps" on my neck. It`s been 7 months now, and I`ve still got it.. These are hiv sympthomes, right?

please answer me!

Response from Dr. Reznik

First, if you are concerned about your HIV status, please take the time to test for HIV infection. With this said, you have described two common findings found in the general population: coated tongue and circumvallate papillae.

Coated tongue is not a sign nor symptom of HIV disease and is frequently seen in people who suffer with dry mouth or those who smoke and/or drink alcoholic beverages. The best treatment is to stay hydrated, i.e. address the symptoms of dry mouth and to gently brush your tongue each time you brush your teeth.

Circumvallate papillae are a part of the normal anatomy of the tongue and appear as two, relatively large, raised areas on the back of the tongue.

To answer your question directly, these are not HIV symptoms.

DR

Re:Oral yeast...Meant Oral Thrush
Is one Dose of Diflucan enough for THRUSH.?