Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Tonsils & Thrush...

I recently have become concerned about a sexual encounter. I never paid attention to my tonsils but I noticed a white spot on them the other day. I pressed on the tonsil and a bunch of green stuff came out. I never had this happen to me before. I had to plug my nose because the odor was so bad.

Is this stuff associated with acute HIV infection? I've noticed that the first time I got this stuff (to my knowledge) is two weeks after the encounter. The second time I squeezed it out (today) was about 5 weeks after my encounter. Also, it this stuff that came out of my tonsils associated with thrush?

Response from Dr. Reznik

What you have described sounds much more like an infection of your tonsils than it does thrush. Please visit your primary care provider, as it appears you have an active infection that needs attention.

DR

Oral yeast
Dry mouth