|Tonsils & Thrush...
Jan 13, 2002
I recently have become concerned about a sexual encounter. I never paid attention to my tonsils but I noticed a white spot on them the other day. I pressed on the tonsil and a bunch of green stuff came out. I never had this happen to me before. I had to plug my nose because the odor was so bad.
Is this stuff associated with acute HIV infection? I've noticed that the first time I got this stuff (to my knowledge) is two weeks after the encounter. The second time I squeezed it out (today) was about 5 weeks after my encounter. Also, it this stuff that came out of my tonsils associated with thrush?
Response from Dr. Reznik
What you have described sounds much more like an infection of your tonsils than it does thrush. Please visit your primary care provider, as it appears you have an active infection that needs attention.
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Balls After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.