Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

trush please answer

I was just tested for hiv a month ago it came back negitive. I have been treated for trush for about 2 months now wit nystatin and diflucan. and it just won't go away. any thoughts or suggestions?

Response from Dr. Reznik

My question would be whether or not you do have candidiasis (thrush) as Diflucan is a very effective therapy and should have managed this occurrence. I would first check and make sure you were on the proper dosage of Diflucan which would be 200 mg by mouth on the first day and 100 mg a day by mouth for the rest of the two week treatment period.

My suggestion would be to visit a dentist who is experienced in oral medicine or oral pathology for an accurate diagnosis.

DR

Oral Warts and Thrush
Oral yeast