|Oral Warts and Kissing
Jan 13, 2002
Can oral warts be transfered via kissing.
Or is it more likely oral to genital and genital to oral
Response from Dr. Reznik
Oral warts, which are caused by human papillomavirus (HPV), is highly contagious. As a matter of fact, HPV is the most common STD in America. The usual way of transmission of HPV is via oral, vaginal or anal intercourse. The organism which causes oral warts, HPV, can be transferred via kissing if there are active lesions on the lip or inside the mouth.
I hope this helps.
i need help!!!
Oral Warts and Thrush
- What Is The Difference Between Shingles And Herpes?
- What If You Have Sex One Week Before A Herpes Outbreak?
- What Are The Side Effects Of Genital Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
- Typical Acute Retroviral Syndrome Disease Progression
- Timeline Of Herpes Transmission
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.