Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

i need help!!!
Jan 13, 2002

hi doctor reznik!happy new year!first of all excuse my english.three months before was my last sexual contact.two weeks after that i had a swollen lymph gland on my neck and the next two weeks i had swollen lymph glands all over my body /armpit area,groin area,abdomin area even on my hands/.at the same time i had white coated tongue.inside my mouth is white like i don't have blood in it.sometime i have white lines on my inner lips wich are removable,but under these lines there is no bleeding.when i eat nuts inside of mycheeks appear some kind of "skratches"which disappear after a few hours.i've been tested on the 60 day after my last sexual contact and the test was negative.my doctor told me that there is nothing to worry about and that may be i have some kind of candida.when i asked him why my lymph glands are swollen he couldn't answer me.i was taking some kind of paste calld dectarin but it doesn't work. sometimes my lymph glands are painfull.i have ear ache. how long after the exposure can i get candida.?i don't think tha5t this is candida because i looked all the pictures of candidiasis and i think i don't have it.do i have to be tested again?i'm so scared .i don't think that i can get through this again.please help me!i know that i can not be diagnosed this way but please answer me!thank you!

Response from Dr. Reznik

What you have described does not sound like candidiasis and as mentioned in other postings, candidiasis is not a sign of ARS. A white tongue does not indicate candidiasis, but more commonly represents coated or hairy tongue.

Remember, there are several reasons why a person can develop painful, swollen lymph glands. A thorough examination by your primary care provider should provide insight as to why you are experiencing this condition.

As far as testing is concerned, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends testing at 3 and 6 months.

Take care,

DR

Previous
fordyce granules
Next
Oral Warts and Kissing

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.