Jan 13, 2002
there is conflicting info & answers on this site. Thrush was mentioned as a symptom of hiv in the later stages but you have said it could be an ARS symptom or in the first few months? what is the real answer?
Response from Dr. Reznik
Thrush or candidiasis can occur in ARS, but has not been proven to be a component of ARS. In other words, there are some people who present with thrush during ARS, but not enough to prove to be significant. For the vast majority of cases, thrush occurs when the viral load is above 3000 to 10,000 copies and when the CD4 count is 300 or below.
I hope this takes care of the confusion.
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Any Case Of HIV By Spitting Blood In Eyes
- Can You Get Hiv If Consumed Contaminated Blood?
- Chance Of False Negative Elisa
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.