Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Thrush

Dr R,

I had some white spots on my inner, I was worried it might be thrush. it looks like the slide of psuedomembranous candidiases in the pediatric gallery, I'm in my late twenties. The spots wipe off pretty easily and came back less and less. Now they are gone, By the time I went to my doc, it was in its waning stages, she said it was nothing thrush only occurs on the tongue, roof and floor of the mouth, I don't feel at ease with her assessment since I've seen otherwise,and I've read over over in this forum "anywhere in the oral cavity" My question is does thrush usually go away untreated? thanks

Response from Dr. Reznik

You are correct in your assessment that candidiasis can and frequently does occur anywhere within the oral cavity. In regards to your question will thrush go away untreated, the answer is unless the underlying medical condition which has led to this infection is addressed, thrush or candidiasis will not go away without intervention.

DR

can you please help me?
Pain on those circumvalle Papillae bumps