Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Really Really Need An Answer Please!
Oct 13, 2000

Hi there. Thanks for considering my question, cause I could really use an answer. I know you cannot diagnose HIV symptoms from online, but I just wanted to ask you if the following is common. Starting about one month after risky behavior, I developed swollen glands and a sore throat that has lasted for about a month and a half. Are persistent sore throats common of HIV infection to your knowledge? Thanks so much

Response from Dr. Reznik

There are so many reasons why a person could present with a sore throat and swollen glands, that from this alone would not be indicative of HIV infection.

If I had a persistent sore throat, I would be sure to see my primary care provider to figure out why.

So... get to the doctor and have her/him take a look!

DR

Previous
Can something else be done for thrush?
Next
HIV transmission through mouthwash

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.