Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Really Really Need An Answer Please!

Hi there. Thanks for considering my question, cause I could really use an answer. I know you cannot diagnose HIV symptoms from online, but I just wanted to ask you if the following is common. Starting about one month after risky behavior, I developed swollen glands and a sore throat that has lasted for about a month and a half. Are persistent sore throats common of HIV infection to your knowledge? Thanks so much

Response from Dr. Reznik

There are so many reasons why a person could present with a sore throat and swollen glands, that from this alone would not be indicative of HIV infection.

If I had a persistent sore throat, I would be sure to see my primary care provider to figure out why.

So... get to the doctor and have her/him take a look!

DR

Can something else be done for thrush?
HIV transmission through mouthwash