Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Unknown rash?

Dr. Recently I noticed several raised bumps on the tip of my tongue. My tongue feels as if has been burned.When I use mouthwash it really burns. Also at times the tip of my tongue feels as if it is "crawling". My concern is HPV,due to having oral sex recently. I have seen a Dr. and he thought it to be bacterial, was given Amoxicillan with no help. What kind of Dr. should I see to diagnose my situation? Thanks so much Do you have any comment on this

Response from Dr. Reznik

I would suggest you visit a dentist who is experienced in oral medicine or oral pathology for an accurate diagnosis. In case you do not live in an area that has access to these specialists, your general dentist should be able to provide you with assistance.

I doubt you are experiencing oral warts due to HPV as these lesions tend to be asymptomatic unless they have been traumatized or are located at the lingual, palatal, free gingival margin (the place on the roof of your mouth where the gum tissue and teeth meet).

I hope this helps,

DR

Aplh. Ulcers - Cause? If not HIV - How?
dry mouth!