Oral Health and HIVOral Health and HIV

Is Angular Cheilitis enough reason to worry?

I have had some unprotected heterosexual sex (3 partners in the last 4 years)since my last negative AIDS test, and have recently shown signs of Angular Cheilitis. Is this reason for concern?

Response from Dr. Reznik

Whereas we do see an increased incidence of angular cheilitis in people living with HIV/AIDS, it is by no means diagnostic or even suggestive of HIV infection.

Since I am answering this question on World AIDS Day, and it appears you may have some concerns about your HIV status, please take the time to have another HIV test.

Take care,

DR

warts in the mouth
Medicine and what if your already taking it? please answer