shigella & samonella tx?

I've had terrible diarhea, flu like symptoms etc. for 2 weeks and finaly, after really pressing him, he ordered a stool sample. I've lost 12 pounds! Shigella and Salmonella were detected. He has put me on levaquin 500mg. for 10 days. I also have a chronic sinus infection which recently came back. My sinus symptoms (front headaches, runny nose)are feeling a bit better after 3 days but my diarhea is the same. Is it too soon to talk with my Dr. about how I feel and ask for different medication?

Thanks, David Los Angeles, CA

Response from Dr. Fisher

Yes it is much too soon. However by the time of this posting you should have completed your antibiotic therapy and should have improved. You will need to have a folow-up stool culture to see if the infection has resolved. So whether or not the diarrhea has improved this should be done. If the diarrhea is still present, you may have yet another infection! It is also important to figure out where this came from so you can avoid future exposures/infections. AF

asthma?
educated quest?