Pantethine for lowering cholesterol

Hi, I have been on anti-retrovirals for about 4 years now and I have had high triglycerides and cholesterol as a side effect. The levels haven't been so high to require lipid lowering drugs but it is still a concern of mine. My dietician recommended supplementing with pantethine (a form of Vit B5) What is your opinion on this? Have there been any studies you know of? thank you very much

Response from Dr. Dieterich

In general antioxidants may help prevent heart disease and might lower cholesterol a little. Could not hurt, so I would have no problem with it. Don't know of any studies, but you could look it up on the net! DTD

Are whey protein supplements safe?
Rebuild muscle; control fat gain