Take medication with food or milk

I recently have been put on a new study drug SCH56592 for thrush and Oral Gancyclovir. On the labels it says take with food or milk. I then ask Hoffman-Laroche what that meant, all they could tell me was "do not use milk" ????. These drugs are dependent almost entirely on absorpotion with the above. how or what do i eat that will give me the greatest amount of absorption for these drugs?????

Response from Dr. Fisher

1. You need to speak to your study coordinator re SCH6592 as I do not have specific information about it (it's experimental) 2. Your pharmacist can advise you about the ganciclovir, but I believe you are not supposed to take it with dairy products because that may interfere with absorption...but this usually means not to eat/drink dairy products within 1-2 hours of the ganciclovir. Alvan Fisher, M.D.

What foods are best taken with Norvir (Ritonavir)
Hepatitis c