Maitake Mushroom

I have read that the Maitake Mushroom Extract-D is good for building cellular immune response. Is this true? The only study I've been able to find is an abstract froma study done in Japan which looks very promising? I'm taking 3-9 drops each day under my tongue. Tastes nasty, but no side effects. But it is somewhat expensive, so if benefits are limited I'd rather spend the cash somewhere else. Any thoughts?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Why don't you do a little study on yourself? Stop it for a few weeks. Ask your doctor to measure your t cells and all your other blood tests. Then start taking it for a month and repeat the tests also to look for toxicity and a rise in t cells. This will not prove anything, but it will at least reassure you that it is not toxic. Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

ARABINOXYLANE COMPOUND
Revivarant to raise testosterone levels