|Echinacea: Should I or shouldn't I?
Oct 21, 1999
I've just come across a supplement called Echinacea which is a sunflower derivative. It claims to boost the immune system - are the claims realistic and should I continue to take it alongside vitamins? My doctor is also about to start me on 3C therapy. Thanks for your time.
Cheers, Al in London (UK)
| Response from Dr. Fisher
We don't know (or at least I don't know) if echinacea is helpful. I am personally skeptical of simplistic but dramatic claims ("boost the immune system") that are not proven. Alvan Fisher, M.D.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Tongue An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute Could I HAVE AIDS
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Should I Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Loose Stool After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.