Apr 17, 2000
any new news on juven for lipodystrophy?
| Response from Dr. Fisher
Not that I've heard. I don't think that this type of combination supplement is likely to have specific benefit for LD, but certainly might enhance muscle mass (remember that the problem in LD is fat depletion or fat accumulation or both. But not protein/muscle mass depletion which is the main problem in HIV-associated wasting (which is not the same as LD). There should be an answer to a Juven question that I posted a few weeks ago on this forum for more information. Alvan Fisher, M.D.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Best Over The Counter Medicine For Chlamydia?
- What Does Chlamydia Feel Like?
- What Do I Do When My Shingles Scab Over?
- What Are The Side Effects For Men With Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- What Are The Characteristics Of Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.