SLEEP LESS

Dear Nelson,

with response to your answer for my question. **************************************************** Nani

Trustiva can cause sleep disturbances due to one of its components (Sustiva or Efavirenz). Talk to your doctor about switching you to a regimen that does not contain efavirenz. You will probably sleep much better then.

You can also try taking the drug on an empty stomach 2 hours before breakfast to see if that helps. If you are taking it at night, make sure it is after at least 2 hours after eating. Food increases blood levels of efavirenz, which can create more sleep disturbances.

Good luck Nelson ****************************************************

1.Currently I am taking medicine at night 9.15 pm everyday. Do you suggest me to switch my tablet routine from night to morning. Or can I continue by having dinner 2 hours before my tablet .

Can you please suggest

Thanks for getting back to me. I would continue doing what you are doing. If you still have sleep problems, you may want to talk to your doctor about switching you to a non-efavirenz regimen.

In health,

Nelson

How to deal with sleep problems

Viraday headache (atripla)
Raltegravir TAF/genvoya and herbs